Learning and Actions for September 2017 to June 2018:
- Connect the language in Palmer PRIDE (School Connectedness/ERASE Bullying) to the Social Responsibility (SR) Core Competency.
- Professional Development on the teaching of empathy.
- Common Social Responsibility/PRIDE language in course outlines and student expectations.
- Addition of on-line behavior descriptors in PRIDE language.
- School-wide teaching of SR/empathy in mini-lessons.
- Continue school wide celebrations to build community and Social Responsibility
- Sharing strategies at staff meetings, collaboration time and professional development days.
- Leadership opportunities for students.
- Investigate a plan to implement a second focus for the 2018-2019 school year: Students will be able to use creative and critical thinking skills to demonstrate diverse knowledge and a broader understanding if themselves and their place in the world.
- Social Responsibility Core Competency student reflections.
- Student Focus groups.
- ‘FYI’ data collection (data base to report on targeted behaviours).
- Ministry of Education Student Learning Survey (former Satisfaction survey).
- Anecdotal reports from Staff, Students and Parents.
- “Kudos” reported and documented (student recognition).