Wednesday May 16th 2018
Today’s Events …
- Today and tomorrow, grade 12 students can vote for Class Valedictorian, Poet and Historian. This will happen just outside the office at Break and Lunch.
- Could next year’s Leadership class please come to a meeting in room 131 TODAY at lunch.
- Tonight is the FINAL SHOW for The Wizard of Oz. After 6 successful performances we are almost sold out! There will NOT be tickets available at the door so get your tickets from a cast member as soon as possible before they are all gone!
- Congratulations to Grade 10 student Jonathan Cao, who has just been awarded a Gold Medal by the University of Waterloo for his high scoring achievement on this year's national Cayley Math Contest. This means that Jonathan is one of the top 17 students in all of Canada, out of about 20,000 contestants who wrote this year's Cayley contest. Way to go, Jonathan! As was previously announced, Jonathan and his Grade 10 team-mates also helped Palmer to win a Zone Championship in the Richmond School District for the Cayley contest. Combined with the other contest results this year (as well as in previous years), this makes Palmer one of the top performing schools in the province (public or private) when it comes to Math contests and competitions. Kudos, and let's keep it up, Palmer Mathletes!
- Any students interested in volunteering for the May 24th Elementary track meet you need to pick up a form from the PE Office right away. Completed form need to be returned back to the PE Office by TOMORROW.
- All Athletic Award BBQ forms and money MUST be handed in to the PE office this week. Extra forms are available on the PE Office doors. Remember it is only $5 if you played on a school team this year and $10 for other students, family, and friends.
- This is a message for all students who have outstanding library books. Please return your late books by tomorrow otherwise they will be marked as lost, and you will have to pay to replace the book. This is much more costly than to simply return them.