Thursday February 8th 2018
Today’s Events …..
- There will be an Ultimate pre-tryout on today at 3:30 at Minoru Field – all interested players are welcome.
- Val Toca, Vince Cabusas, Alvin Ge, Tommy Seah and Noah Green, please pick up your hoodie in Ms. Roberts room 108.
- A reminder to those of you who have won a category in the Grad Polls, pictures will be taken today at lunch in Room 132.
- Attention book reviewers. There is a short meeting today at lunch in the library. I repeat, there is a meeting today at lunch in the library that you must attend.
- Students who have signed up with their Math teacher to write the Grade 11 Fermat, or the Grade 10 Cayley, or the Grade 8/9 Pascal Math contest MUST confirm their registration with Mr. Wong in Room 206 by lunchtime TODAY in order to be allowed to write these contests.
- Yearbooks are almost sold out! Get your copy today for $55 – purchase yours before February 28th or you won’t get a copy!
- Participate in JBC competition, Business Club are looking for people to join up, sign up with Mr. Brown during lunch today.
Upcoming Events …..
- Just a quick reminder to all teachers that the Kudos Award submissions are due TOMORROW, by the end of the day. Please get these in as soon as possible, and don’t forget to show your Palmer PRIDE!
- Attention Junior and Senior Math Club members: The final rosters for the Grade 8, 9 and 10 MathChallenger teams have now been posted in the window of Mr. Wong's room. Students on these three teams will be travelling to Simon Fraser University on Saturday, February 17th to compete in the lower mainland regional MathChallengers tournament. There is a MANDATORY meeting for all team members and student coaches this Friday at lunchtime in Mr. Wong's room.
- HAVE YOU APPLIED TO KWANTLEN POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY? If you have applied or not, KPU welcomes you to attend their “What’s Next Presentation” to help with your application and to know what to expect. This will be a helpful and informative presentation for all who may be interested. Join us on Thursday, Feb 15, in the Library at Lunch. See you there!
- Attention Griffins: Palmer Dance Team will be hosting its' 12th Annual Hip Hop Dance Competition, FOOTLOOSE, on Friday, February 16. Tickets may be purchased from any Dance Squad member or from the office for $10. Tickets are limited in number and tickets will NOT be available at the door. Don't delay in purchasing your ticket as we sell out every year! We hope to see you there.
- Coldest Night of the Year – sign up, volunteer and donate
- Global Network are selling cans of crush for $1.25 each or $3 for 3 cans – three colours: Purple – I secretly admire you; Orange: I am your best friend; Pink: I love you – selling in the lounge from Feb 5th to 9th and delivered on Valentine’s Day.
- Roses for sale - $2.50 for 1 - $6 for 3 selling in lounge at lunch until 9th.
- Palmer Idol sign ups on student council room at google forum auditions 15th and 16th, semi finals 19th and 20th, finals 22nd winner goes as Rich City Idol.